Will the world's two largest religions converge and be the catalyst for the prophesied one-world religion? At first glance, the two faiths appear to be vastly different but under close inspection, they have more common bonds than differences. In 1994 the Vatican issued a publication entitled: "Spiritual Bonds Which Unite Us: 16 Years of Christian-Muslim Dialogue." After extensive study and research, I put forth 10 common bonds that will help unite these two religions.
1. Both Esteem and Honor Mary - Muslims and Catholics both call her, "Our Lady." and venerate her as a pure and holy saint. Mary is mentioned more in the Qu'ran than the Bible.
2. Both Seek Messages from Apparitions of Mary - Many of the messages make it clear she is coming for all her children including Muslims, Catholics and Protestants and that people of all religions can be saved apart from Jesus Christ as long as they are good.
3. Both Are Anti-Semitic - The Vatican has issued over 100 anti-semitic documents and taught the Jews should be cursed because they killed Christ. Mohammed words recorded in a hadith say, "The last day will not come until the Muslims destroy the Jews."
4. Both Embrace Another Jesus - Catholicism has a counterfeit Jesus whose death on the cross was not sufficient to save them.
Islam also has a counterfeit Jesus (Isa) who did not die on a cross and is not God, only a prophet.
5. Both Seek World Dominion - Both religions rule with an autocratic government and have a history of forced conversions, and killing those who oppose them. Could these religions which control people with indoctrination, intimidation, and fear be a precursor to the rule of Anti-christ?
6. Both Deny the Authority of Scripture - The pagan beliefs of both religions stand opposed to the Bible. Muslims reject the Bible as the final revelation from God declaring that God has revealed a final testament: the Qu'ran which is their supreme authority.
7. Both Use Prayer Beads to Avoid Punishment - Catholics pray the rosary to remit punishment for sin. Muslims use 99 beads that correspond to the names of God. Praying to Allah five times a day is an act of obedience to escape the punishment imposed on those who do not pray.
8. Both Take Pilgrimages to Obtain Favor from God - Catholics take pilgrimages for religious purification and the promise of indulgences. Muslims take pilgrimages to Mecca, a mandatory religious duty that must be carried out at least once in their lifetime.
9. Both Have Human Mediators - Catholics rely on the priesthood to dispense salvation through sacraments and seek Mary to intercede with God on their behalf. Muslims rely on the intercession of Muhammad on judgment day. He will prostrate himself before Allah who will say, "O Muhammad! speak, it will be heard; and be given; intercede, and it will be approved."
10. Both Have a Works-Righteousness Salvation - Allah will place one's good and evil works on the divine scale: "Those whose scales are light are those who lose their souls in hell" (Sura 23:102,103). In Catholicism, sacraments, good works and obeying the law are necessary for salvation.
These two religions represent a huge mission field with nearly 3 billion precious souls. They need to know the true Jesus and submit to His Word as their supreme authority. Only then will they repent of their works-righteousness salvation and believe the glorious Gospel of grace. As ambassadors for Christ let us sow the seed of His Word.
Is There a Common Bond Between Islam and Catholicism? - Mike Gendron - VCY America
Understanding Islam and Roman Catholicism by Mike Gendron - One Way Jesus
The Roman Catholic Church Promotes Islam and Accepts the Islamic Faith - One Way Jesus
Pope Francis declares that 'Christians and Muslims are brothers and sisters' - One Way Jesus
Declaration of World Peace Signed by Pope & Imam - Mike Gendron - VCY America
‘Pope Francis,’ Islamic Imam Sign Declaration Calling for World Peace, ‘Dialogue Among Believers’ - Christian News
The Midnight Cry: The Pope, Ecumenicalism, and the End Times - One Way Jesus
“Roman Catholicism” YouTube Playlist
“Islam” YouTube Playlist