Read more: http://www.compellingtruth.org/Christian-redemption.html
Redemption is a biblical word that means “a purchase” or “a ransom.” Historically, redemption was used in reference to the purchase of a slave’s freedom. A slave was “redeemed” when the price was paid for his freedom. ...In Scripture, it is clear every person stands in need of redemption. Why? Because every person has sinned (Romans 3:23). The following verse then reveals we are “justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus” (Romans 3:24).
Read more: http://www.compellingtruth.org/Christian-redemption.html
The following is from Evangel-Vision.com:
Why Is It so Hard for Jewish People to Hear about Jesus? by Tuvya Zaretsky
Gentile Christian friends often ask me, “Why is it so hard for Jewish people to hear about Jesus?” As disciples of Jesus, they clearly love the Lord and wonder why others don’t get the beauty of the gospel. However, the name of Jesus has a very different meaning among world Jewry.
As a Jew who grew up within traditional American Judaism, my community couldn’t easily distinguish between anti-Semitic acts carried out in Jesus name and the message of the Savior. It seemed like the good news of Jesus was associated with bad news for the Jews.
READ MORE: http://www.evangel-vision.com/2014/03/why-is-it-so-hard-for-jewish-people-to.html
A person is never so empty as when he is full of self. 1 Peter 5:5 says “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”
The following is from Leadingtheway.org:
The Essence of Christianity by Michael Youssef
At the core of most world religions is the desire to appease their deity, to somehow attain favor in the afterlife. Followers live in fear of upsetting their gods, so day after day they labor to earn their salvation through good works and religious practice.
While these religions are focused on pursuing and appeasing God, Christianity is focused on God’s pursuit of man. In Christianity, salvation cannot be earned. Rather, it is received as a gracious and merciful gift.
The essence of Christianity is not human effort. Instead, it is God’s grace. The concept of grace is unique to Christianity. It is not found in any other religious belief system.
READ MORE: http://www.leadingtheway.org/web/guest/read/my-devotional/-/blogs/the-essence-of-christiani-1
The Mathematical Proof for Christianity Is Irrefutable By Dan Delzell
It is impossible that Christianity is not God's revelation of truth to man. Simply impossible. The math proves it beyond question. It doesn't take faith to believe that one plus one equals two, and it doesn't take faith to identify the religion which has mathematical certainty in its corner.God didn't have to give us mathematical proof of His existence, but He did it anyway. God didn't have to give us proof of Christianity, but He chose to do so. And God didn't have to give us proof of His love for us, but that is exactly what He did. The proof is irrefutable.
I live in Nebraska where I serve as a pastor. Imagine someone covering this entire state in silver dollars 6 feet deep. Then mark one coin and bury it anywhere across the state. Next, blindfold a man and have him choose one coin. The odds that he would choose the marked coin are the same odds of getting 8 prophecies all fulfilled in one man. God gave us about 300 fulfilled prophecies in the Person of Jesus Christ.
Here are 8 of those 300 prophecies:
(1) The Messiah will be born in Bethlehem. (Micah 5:2; Matthew 2:1; Luke 2:4-6)
(2) The Messiah will be a descendant of Jacob. (Numbers 24:17; Matthew 1:2)
(3) The Messiah will enter Jerusalem as a king riding on a donkey. (Zechariah 9:9; Mark 11:4-11)
(4) The Messiah will be betrayed by a friend. (Psalm 41:9; Luke 22:47,48)
(5) The Messiah's betrayal money will be used to purchase a potter's field. (Zechariah 11:13; Matthew 27:9,10)
(6) The Messiah will be spat upon and struck. (Isaiah 50:6; Matthew 26:67)
(7) The Messiah's hands and feet will be pierced. (Psalm 22:16; John 20:25-27)
(8) Soldiers will gamble for the Messiah's garments. (Psalm 22:18; Luke 23:34)
There is no way one man could have fulfilled all 8 of these prophecies unless God was making it happen. Who else controls history? Who else could give us such irrefutable proof for Christianity? The odds are one in one hundred quadrillion, or 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000.
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-mathematical-proof-for-christianity-is-irrefutable-96295/
THE CONVERGENCE By Jan Markell
A convergence is a coming together of many things and in this context, a coming together of last days' signs the Bible told us to watch for. These signs are exploding. We don't just watch them; now we almost feel them. Here's a sample:
1) The "days of Noah" similarities have never been stronger. Corruption and violence characterized times then and now. There was genetic manipulation then and now. There was a preaching of the truth that was ignored. A decline in man's character was dramatic then and now. Earthly pleasures were all that mattered. (Matt. 24, Luke 17)
2) Other than at her birth on May 14, 1948, Israel's modern-day significance has never been so significant. She is the center of the earth in so many ways: Politically, spiritually, geographically. Middle East tension or peace depends on her activity and choices. She could strike Iran any day and the entire globe would be destabilized. (Ezekiel 36-39)
3) Russia and Vladimir Putin are rising and Gog from the land of Magog may be stirring. We don't know for sure that Putin is Gog, but he is Gog-esque. He's a Czar wannabe and a tyrant and he will likely not stop with Crimea or Ukraine. (Ezekiel 38-39)
The Convergence of the Signs: They are All Coming Together - Pastor Skip Heitzig
Occupied Territory by John D. Morris, Ph.D.
"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light." (1 Peter 2:9)
In our ongoing struggle for both survival and victory in this world, we do well to recognize that we are in enemy territory. While it is true that our Captain created the world--indeed, "all things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:3)--and sacrificed His life to redeem it and will reign over it for eternity, it is also true that "the whole world lieth in wickedness" (1 John 5:19), occupied by "the prince of this world" (John 12:31) who is "the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" (Ephesians 2:2).
READ MORE: http://www.icr.org/article/occupied-territory
"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Luke 21:28 KJV
The Refining Reason Debate: Matt Dillahunty VS Sye Ten Bruggencate
Eric Hovind Discusses Debating Dillahunty with Sye Ten Bruggencate | Creation Today http://creationtoday.org/eric-hovind-discusses-debating-dillahunty-with-sye-ten-bruggencate/
Cross Encounters: "Debating Dillahunty" - A Review http://www.crossencounters.us/2015/04/debating-dillahunty-review.html
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. - Matthew 10:28 (NKJV)
John MacArthur - The Rich Man and Lazarus
Blog plus additional content
My blog plus noteworthy sermons, news, articles, videos, audio & more!