Salvation: The Bible versus Roman Catholicism
Jesus and His Word teach...
- You are saved by faith and not by works (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- All who rely on observing the law (commandments) are under a curse (Galations 3:10).
- Salvation occurs at the moment you believe the Gospel (Ephesians 1:13).
- Jesus purifies sin (Hebrews 1:3).
- You can know for sure you are saved (1 John 5:13).
- The sacrifice of Jesus is finished (John 19:30).
The Pope and his church teach...
- You are saved by faith plus works.
- Obedience to the commandments is a condition for salvation.
- Salvation is a process from baptism through purgatory.
- Purgatory purifies sin.
- You are condemned if you claim to be saved.
- The sacrifice of Jesus continues in daily Mass.
As you can see these two teachings directly oppose one another. You must make the choice as to which is true and which is deception. Your choice will determine your eternal destiny.