The Scriptures tell us that at the end of this age (not the end of the world), just before the Second Coming of Jesus, certain things would be happening:
1. False Bible teachers (2 Peter 2:1)
2. Increase in homosexuality (2 Timothy 3:3, Romans 1:26-32)
3. Earthquakes would be prevalent (Matthew 24:7)
4. Stress would be part of living (2 Timothy 3:1)
5. General lawlessness: sexual promiscuity, theft and violent crime (Matthew 24:12)
6. A form of godliness (2 Timothy 3:5)
7. Increase of deadly diseases (Matthew 24:7)
8. Denial of a worldwide flood (2 Peter 3:5-6)
9. The institution of marriage would be rejected (1 Timothy 4:3)
10. Famine increase (Matthew 24:7)
11. The popularity of vegetarianism (1 Timothy 4:3)
12. Jerusalem would become an international headache (Zechariah 12:3)
13. Increase in knowledge (Daniel 12:4)
14. Lust-filled scoffers would say that these signs have always been around (2 Peter 3:3-4)
The scoffers are right. Many of these signs are nothing new. But there are two signs to look for to understand the time clock of human history. The first given by Scripture is the establishment of the land of Israel. God promised that He would gather the Jewish people from the "four corners of the earth" in the end times (Isaiah 11:10-12). The Jews were scattered throughout the earth way back in 70 AD when Jerusalem was destroyed, and in 1948, for the first time in nearly 2,000 years, they obtained their own homeland.
The second sign to look for was spoken of by Jesus in Luke 21:24. He said, "[The Jews] will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled underfoot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled" (Luke 21:24). Again, the first half of this prophecy was fulfilled in 70 A.D., forty years after Jesus spoke the words. That was when the Romans under Titus conquered Jerusalem and dispersed the Jews among the nations. From then on Jerusalem remained in Gentile hands up until June 7, 1967, when Israel won the city back from the Gentiles in the Six Day War.
No other book has these signs of the end of the age, and no other generation had what we have in this generation—the Jews in Jerusalem. You couldn't want better evidence that the Bible is the Word of the Creator than the fulfillment of its age-old prophecies right in front of your eyes.
JESUS COMING SOON