"Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end isdestruction, whose God is their belly (selfish interests), and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself." Philippians 3:17-21
Saints, are we so naive as to believe that in our day there are no "enemies of the cross of Christ"? Not only are there Christ's enemies in our day, the Bible foretold that just before the return of our LORD there would come a great falling away at the hands of these end-time predators who operate in the church world, many who are very famous ministers (2 Thess. 2:3; 1 Tim. 4; 2 Tim. 3-4; 1 Jn. 4:1-6).
There are some things revealed here in this text that are very important about these "enemies of the cross of Christ."
· They are many not a few - "For many walk..."
· Paul repeatedly warned of deceivers - "I have told you often..."
· Paul warned with tears - "...now tell you even weeping..."
· These men pose as His servant but are actually His enemies - "they are the enemies of the cross of Christ"
· These men are going to hell unless they repent - "Whose end is destruction..."
· They serve themselves in ministry while supposedly representing Christ - "whose God is their belly (selfish interests)..."
· They revel in things they should be ashamed of - "whose glory is in their shame..."
· They speak affectionately of movies and other secular interests and tend to things of this fleeting world - "who mind earthly things..."
These "enemies of the cross of Christ" must be marked by the LORD's remnant no matter what the cost (Rom. 16:17-18). We are mandated to "mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine" of Christ in order to protect the sheep of the LORD's pasture.
READ MORE: http://www.worldviewweekend.com/news/article/naming-names